1 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 tsps. Vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsps. baking powder
½ cup ground almonds
¾ cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease two large cookie sheets
Use a standing mixer for best results
1. In a mixing bowl beat the oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
2. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and ground almonds.
3. Mix all the ingredients in the mixer at medium speed until the dough is formed.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Divide the dough into 2 equal amounts.
6. Spread each half onto a cookie sheet.
7. Form it into the shape of a rectangle about 3 inches wide and ¾ inch high.
8. Bake both cookie sheets for 25 minutes in the 350 degree oven.
9. Remove from the oven and slice each rectangle into ½ inch slices (do this on the cookie sheet, caution hot)
10. This will yield approx. 20 cookies a sheet.
11. Lay each cookie on its side and place the sheet in the oven for 5 more minutes.
12. Take the cookie sheets out again, and turn the cookies over to their other side.
13. Place the cookies back in the oven for the last time for another 5 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheets on rack to cool.
When cookies are cool place them in containers.
Cookies can be frozen or enjoyed now.
Yields 40 large cookies.